Monday, September 15, 2008

serious stuff

ok, i have never posted a serious blog before, but i felt that this was much to important to overlook. for the first time in my life i took the time to look up Megans Law. i don't know why, but for the past few days i have just had a burning need to know if there are any Sex Offenders in my neighborhood. so, i took a few minutes and looked it up online and guess what? there are 4 living within a 1 mile radius of my house. luckily there are none on my street, not even with in 3 blocks of my house. now i know their names, addresses, seen pictures of them, and i know what crime they are convicted of. i don't feel the need to move, this is a really safe area of town, but i do feel like knowledge is power. please, take a minute, look up your address, and be in controll!!

www.meganslaw.ca.gov

2 comments:

Maree said...

This CAN be a scary thing, but being informed can make it far less scary. Just remember that ANY sex offender is listed on Megan's law--even those convicted a long time ago. I'm glad we have it as a tool though. I think it helps us to be more aware of our surroundings.

Incidentally, have you ever looked up where you used to live?? Not too many, but there was 1 very close.

Alicia said...

Dave and I found out about this when we were first married and found out that one of his good high school friends' dads was a registered sex offender! Weird, huh! Knowledge is power!