Friday, January 4, 2008

A Day in the Snow

On Jan 3rd we went to Tahoe with my mom and my sister, Julie, and her family. All the kids got new sleds for Xmas and my mom also bought new snow innertubes and we all wanted to break them in. Daniel loved the snow! Peter Jon, here with my sister's husband, Ricky, got snow in his boots and cried. So we put gloves on his feet while we dried out his boots. We called them "monkey feet".

Ricky and I were the first to use the innertubes. Man, they were soooooooo fast!! Check out my awesome crash, my whole body still hurts :) BTW, it felt like i flew 20 ft, the video does NOT live up to my memory of the crash!

Peter and Ricky also raced down, they were lucky enough to stay in thier innertubes.

Peter Jon had the most fun doing what we call the "Penguin Slide". He is sooo cute and smart!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness!! That crash looked like it hurt? It looks like the snow can be kind of fun. Love the monkey feet...too cute!!

*katie said...

Looks like fun! I love to play in the snow, I just hate that my toes and fingers always feel like they're going to fall off!
p.s. I FINALLY did my Flashback Friday...today!

Sunshine said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the monkey feet!

Sunshine said...

I think the video lied, Lisa. I'm sure you really flew 20 feet, too. Everytime I've crashed on skis or intertubes, I've caught actual air! (at least that's how I remember it.) Why did Peter edit the video? Shame on him!