Tuesday, November 13, 2007

let's play TAG!!

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asks them to read your blog.
1. i think of myself as thinner than i really am. in my mind i look the same as i did in high school. when i watch the "biggest losser" and see the after photo's i think, "they aren't that thin", and then i find out they weigh less than i do. so basically i have weird distorted vain sense of self.
2. i hate my nose. it is my most unfavorite thing about my body. my stretch marks, love handles, cellulite, those i can hide with clothing. unless i start wearing a burqua there is no way i can hide my nose.
3. i cry all the time. if i hear a beautiful song on the radio, or if a child bears thier testimony in church, or if i read a really good book or conference talk, all of them will leave me in tears. i even cried last saturday when i saw my niece in her first play. and of course i cried when i saw sunshine bramwell's slide-show!!
4. i am terrified of having a daughter, and yet it is my biggest wish. how can my hearts greatest desire leave me shaking with fear?
5. i love the poetry of e.e.cummings. the man speaks to my heart with his brilliant rythm and syntax. he is the reason i don't capitalize letters when blogging (it's not just laziness).
6. i love school fundraisers that involve junk food. anything from girl scout cookies to selling chocolate bars!! i can never feel guilty eating the junk food because the money i paid is helping someone!!
ok, i'm gonna tag michael, katie l., gaby, jenny m., holly and julie. here it goes!!
p.s. thanks for tagging me chanel! it made me feel special!!

3 comments:

Watts Family said...

You are so intelligent, Lisa. I wish that I had your brain. Amen to the nose thing. I hate my nose too. Everytme I look at my picture I just see a nose. Maybe I can talk a doctor into saying that I have a breathing problem and I can get insurance to pay for a nose job. Yeah right! You have a beautiful nose by the way.

*katie said...

I'm going to have to remember your rationale for school fundraisers and not feel guilty eating thin mints and samoas. I can harding wait!!

Jen said...

Hi Lisa! I am loving your blog. It is so nice to still feel like you are close.I am with you on the crying. So often I will find myself all misty eyed. Sometimes, I will be in the middle of a run and have a thought and just start tearing up...it can be so embarrassing:-D